Telling Your Brand Story
Video 5: Shooting Your Commercial
- A good script is everything
- Two or three minutes is fine.
- Repeat brand name often
- Shooting on phone is ok, but good sound is very important
- Oner’s are simple. But leave little margin for editing.
- What are you really selling?
- One set-up, one punchline.
- What are we watching? What’s visual about each scene?
- Facebook prefers square format.
- Put logo on every frame, and finish with your end card.
- Start with a bang. End with something emotional. (vision statement)
- Let the emotional moment land. Give it time to resonate with your audience. A close-up will help with this. Then end with one final joke.
- Speak your customer’s language
- Pond5 and Audio Jungle- Great source to license music